A minor upgrade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A minor upgrade.

From TG got these three little goodies. Shipment is out and they should be here in a couple days.

Aspire X-Qpack , Zalman VF700-Cu LED , Zalman CNPS7000B-CU LED

Once they get here I'm gonna pick up a mATX mb from oemexpress and transfer components. prolly gonna get an ASUS A8N-VM CSM but I'm open to suggestions if you know of a better motherboard.
    /meow
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
    Asus Striker ][
    8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
    Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

toys are here
    /meow
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
    Asus Striker ][

Comment

let me know how well everything fits inside that case and how it is airflow/heat/noise-wise
      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
      Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Everything except the gpu fan fit nicely.

The top of the gpu fan is higher that the top of the case bracket. It's not something that matters on a desktop rig. Issue here is you gotta install the card before sliding the mobo tray in.

I got around the issue by pushing down on the mobo tray and pulling up on that part of the case. Plus a little wiggling and straitening bent fins

For sound the fans are not in quiet mode.it's not quiet but it's not loud. Airflow feels pretty significant; I can feel the suction of air ,,,<=';'=>,,, around the front edges. The air output in the back is also significant.

Looks great in the dark. Took some pics but I'm having issues with the os. I don't think the software part is gonna be done tonight... It's freezing at the same place in win setup

Update soon.
        /meow
        Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
        Asus Striker ][

Comment

For a long time I was thinking of possibly building a mATX machine, great for LAN parties etc, but as I'm getting older (relatively - I'm still one of the youngest on the forums ) I am attending/hosting less and less of them.
          Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
          Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

all the OSes i had installed on the machine barfed on the new mobo. I managed to re-install windows xp with minimal applications late last night but it looks like i need to nuke and pave it again.

should be an interesting weekend.
            /meow
            Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
            Asus Striker ][

Comment

Working...
            X