X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD + ATI announce deal.....

AMD/ATI presser

AMD + ATI = True Love

These crazy kids are perfect for each other.

Love is in the air today; chipmakers ATI and AMD held their engagement party this morning, announcing that the two will forge the ties that bind in the fourth quarter of this year. In a combined cash and stock deal, AMD will pay out $16.40 in cash plus 0.2229 shares of its own stock in exchange for each ATI share (assuming that Canadian and U.S. regulation bodies -- plus a majority of ATI shareholders -- approve of the union).

It's a long-anticipated merger, and it creates a company with the ability to provide every significant chip in an entire PC, something Intel(Nasdaq: INTC) has been doing for years. That includes the main processor from AMD, and core logic chipset and graphics from ATI. Plus it opens up the possibility of combining elements from each company's design philosophies into entirely new processing units.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

I wonder what that will do to the prices of ATI video cards?

Will they stay outragously high? OR will AMD lower the prices in order to sell more? hmmmm.

Comment

bad signs. I predict peace in the middle east will follow.
      "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Working...
      X