Nikon Battery Charger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nikon Battery Charger

Does anyone know if these are dual voltage? I.E. I have the 120V US verison, does it support 220V also with the proper plug adapter? I need to know since I'm going to England in the fall and I need to charge my batteries The charger is from a Nikon D50
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

does it not say on the charger itself?
    Usually there is the sticker which mentions the input and output voltages.. my AA charger says it is good from 90 to 240V
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

As tjalfe said, on any electric device there is a sticker indicating the supported voltages and frequencies.

My Nikon charger (came with a D100 in Europe) is dual voltage.

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by tjalfe
        does it not say on the charger itself?
        Usually there is the sticker which mentions the input and output voltages.. my AA charger says it is good from 90 to 240V

There is, but its not excactly clear (when chargers are dual voltage they are normally marked 120-240v) and I rather not run the risk of blowing a battery up..

The only thing that kind of puts my mind at ease is the plug that goes into it is marked US on a tag...I guess I need to do some more research

Comment

Looks like I'm good to go:

Found this on Amazon:

Comment

I intend to use my MH-18 and my D70, in Sep when I'll be in NY. Hope it'll work there.
            At home, in Sweden we have 240V AC.
            /Fred
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Fred H; 9 August 2006, 04:59.
            It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
            ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Well, it says 100-240 V ~ 50-60 Hz, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Jörg
              pixar

Comment

for some reason i thought all Nikon digitals used the same kind of battery.
                www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzard[MPE]
                  for some reason i thought all Nikon digitals used the same kind of battery.
                  Up to a degree.

The digital reflex cameras use a different battery from the rest (apart from maybe the top models in the 'compact' range).

The D70, D70s and D100 use the same battery (and all are compatible with a higher capacity battery that came out recently). The D200 can use these same batteries, but also introduced a new type with better monitoring capabilities. I think the D2x/h also use a different, more powerfull battery.

Jörg
                  pixar

Comment

Most Electronic device chargers are 110/220V compatible. Never seen a European charger that wasn’t 110V compatible but I did see a US charger made to work on 110V only (some very cheap device, don’t even remember what it was).

Things like cameras, camcorders, cell phones, laptops etc., anything associated with travel is dual voltage compatible.

The only one thing that is NOT compatible with all of them and is …… electric outlet plug!
                    So, you’ll need something like this:

PS. Fred H got it.
                    Last edited by ND66; 15 September 2006, 08:18.
                    Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Working...
                    X