How hot is it where you live?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How hot is it where you live?

It got up to 114 degrees today It's cooled down to 111 degrees It's been over 100 for the past two weeks here. I'm getting tired of it.
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

A cool & breezy 79F here, but 90's & humid for the last 2 weeks. A typical Michigan July. A few years ago it was 110+ and the roads were cracking & heaving.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 22 July 2006, 19:12.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Where I live we usually see one week a year where it gets 95 or higher. Was up to 105 a few weeks ago and then went back to the normal 70-80. This weekend got back up to 100.

It's a dry heat though, a little muggy this morning when some clouds rolled in yesterday night, so not that bad really. Most Oregonians, the ones that have grown up here that is, including me, usually complain when it gets over 75, but this year I've had no problems.
      Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
      Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

90°F (32.2°C) at the moment, but - mentioned in the other thread - we just ended a week of average 105° temperatures. Not too bad except with all conditions as they were, the temperature was reaching 110°+

Looks like mid to upper 90's this upcoming week.
        “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

26 today in Belfast - down from 30 on wednesday - dunno what that is in F
          Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

It was over 100 5 days in a row a few days ago.. rained hard today though and cooled us off.

Comment

Wanna share some of that rain?
              My grass is looking like amber waves of grain after this past week.

@Red, that'd almost be 79°F. I could go for some of that.

Comment

was in the 90s earlier in the week, but it dried out some when a cool front came by, and was cloudy with thunderstorms the past couple days from the tropical storm that went by and front that stalled over here. Really humid now. Supposed to clear soon and be nice in the mid 80s and drier.

Comment

Last 24 h
                  Attached Files
                  Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

In the low 30s here...then again, this country only has 2 seasons: hot and very hot.
                    All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

To say the least Michigan offers "variety". More often than I care to remember we've seen temps go up or down, usually down, as much as 50F (ex: 100F to 50F) in a couple of hours. This would be like a drop from 38C to 10C for you metric guys.

Great for the sinuses
                      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

We have consistantly been over 90F for weeks, with the odd day below, very humid too, its been a very hot summer here, following our warmest winter in over 100 years. And this is in Winterpeg.

We usually range from ~ -33F in winters to 95-96F in summers, but we usually only hit the 90's for one or two days. This year its been more like 2 dozen.
                        ~-35C to +35C. Then when you factor in Windchill and then Humidex, it is about -70C to +45. I love the "frostbite in under a minute warnings we get."
                        Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                        Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Temps cooled to the low 70's tonight, so once again it was BBQ time;

Chicken breast/red potato/Vidalia onion/sweet pepper kabobs;

Had them with some extremely cold Mexican beer (Negra Modelo) and fresh picked strawberry shortcake for dessert

Dr. Mordrid
                          Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 23 July 2006, 18:53.
                          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

That looks good Doc!!!
                            I'm a coming over

Here in T.O is around 28-30.

Comment

Mmm... good indeed. I was abandoned this evening so I'm just now getting around to dinner. Yumm, instant ramen

Think it's around 88 outside right now. Damn people and their 70 degree evenings

Comment

Working...
                              X