Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebate details?

Hi,

I was wondering when the final details of the rebate are going to be announced? Excuse the dup'd thread, but the other topic on the rebate kind of turned south.

Personally, I think it is great that Matrox is offering a reasonable path (that MSP6 price is great!). Before the rebate, I was not considering jack.

However, I'm wondering about the benes of the G450-eTV over the G400-TV. Specifically, I'm wondering about the YUY2 area. Can the G450-eTV do full frame capture in Win2K? Does the DVD software work under Win2K? How about timeshifting and advertiside neat-o features? This is all given I am using a VIA system in NTSC-land using AVI_IO for capturing.

IMHO, I think software captures work great. I discovered the joys of it with the WinTV series. If the eTV has something enticing to it (like full-frame caps as well as a full software suite under Win2K), I'm listening!

Thanks

A special thanks to Matrox, Dr M, and (of course) Haig.

Andrew,
    Although I don't have my own eTV, I put one in a system for a friend of mine. The machine is a 1.33 gig Athlon on an Asus A7V133. We had no problems capturing in MPEG2. One little gripe, the picture-in-picture is only for the timeshiffting. Read the fine print on the box. Took us a while to figure that one out.

I would like some details as well. How long is this offer good for? And since I own both a Marvel G200 and a G400/RR-G combo, am I eligible twice (to get two discounted eTVs for instance)?

I must say I am pleased that Matrox is doing something to appease the masses. Not sure if I'll bite yet, but I'm thinking about it.

John

Comment

Hi guys,

Can the G450-eTV do full frame capture in Win2K?

Yes. However, you'll need at least a 933Mhz cpu (intel) or a 1Ghz cpu(AMD).

Does the DVD software work under Win2K?

Yes.

How about timeshifting and advertiside neat-o features?

TS captures at cif resolutions and will be limited by the free space of your hard drive. I don't know how long you plan to TS but in house, we have gone upto 16 hours of TS'ing and hadn't noticed any out of sync issues.

How long is this offer good for?

We will announce the specifics about the time limit and who is eligible sometime next week on our news forum.

And since I own both a Marvel G200 and a G400/RR-G combo, am I eligible twice (to get two discounted eTVs for instance)?

I doubt that there will be a problem. If you have 10 cards with all different serial numbers, then you'll be entitled to 10 times the rebate package.

Haig

Comment

Haig, if he has 10 cards, he will be able to get an RT2500 for free

Elie

Comment

Heehee,

nope. 1 serial # = 1 rebate package.

Haig

Comment

Spoil sport

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

The hardware portion of the rebate package only saves you money is you were planning to pay the full retail price. Compare the rebated prices to web prices here:

http://www.newegg.com/app/catalog.asp

For all I know, even better prices are available with a bit more search.

Ulead rebate prices look more enticing - If I had the hardware to work with the software!

Comment

Working...
              X