One more down, way too many to go....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more down, way too many to go....

At least he had the cahones to take his punishment & apologize....

The latest trial coverage and crime news from Court TV, including breaking news, cold cases and major legal stories.

Child sex offender apologizes for killing 5-year-old girl in Texas before executed

HUNTSVILLE, Texas (AP) — A child sex offender apologized in a voice choking with emotion before he was executed Thursday for abducting and killing a 5-year-old girl in Amarillo 14 years ago.

"I am sorry for the pain I have caused you," Robert Anderson told the grandmother of his victim. "I have regretted this for a long time. I am sorry."

Anderson also apologized to his family.

As the lethal drugs began taking effect, Anderson muttered a prayer. Eight minutes later at 6:19 p.m., he was pronounced dead.

Anderson, 40, had acknowledged the horrific slaying of Audra Reeves and asked that no new appeals be filed to try to block his execution, the 16th this year in Texas and the second in as many days.

According to court records and Anderson's confession, he forced the girl to accompany him into the house and tried to rape her, then choked her and beat her with a footstool. When he discovered she still was alive, he drowned her in a bathtub. He stuffed her body into a large foam cooler, pushed the cooler along the street in a grocery cart and dumped it in a trash bin.

Anderson had a history of sexual offenses involving children that dated to his teen years in Tulsa, Okla., and said he'd been in and out of centers to deal with his obsession with young girls.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps
Working...
X