Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P750 with DVI, Analogue CRT and TV

Hi there.

Just bought a Viewsonic LCD with DVI and analogue in - finally this is what I wanted my P750 for - to drive three screens. The other two are a CRT and a TV.

Just to be sure, I set the configuration up so I had 1600x1200 @ 60Hz, 1152x864 @ 75 & TV (PAL) before I bought the LCD - this configuration is "2 displays, Independent mode + 1 feature display".

Now when I actually got the LCD, I plugged in using the DVI connection - then suddenly I had to use "Stretched Mode" instead of "Independant Mode" - trouble is that 1600x1200 on the CRT is, well, unusable.

So, I plugged the LCD in using the VGA connector and, bingo, I have the "Independent Mode" again.

Is this how it is supposed to work? It's type of dumb to have to use the analogue input when there's the DVI signal available instead...

I have to say that the analogue signal seems to give a pretty good picture - I guess that's down to Matrox's quality analogue output circuitry.

Am I stuck with analogue input on the LCD if I want to use "Independant Mode"? Is there some way of achieving what I thought I was going to get?

Many thanks in advance.

Taliska
    Gigabyte GA-8KNXP, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 1Gbyte DDR400 RAM
    Matrox P750, Matrox RT.X10
    2x Maxtor 120G & 1x 300G SATA drives, Panasonic DVD-RAM drive
    Windows XP Pro, Premiere Pro 7.0
Working...
X