Tesla electric sports car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesla electric sports car...

Last night Tesla Motors unveiled their uber-chic Roadster, a powerful electric vehicle that looks, feels and drives like many other high-end sports cars. The main difference is the noise. Powered by a 3-phase, 4-pole AC induction motor, the Roadster can go 130 mph and does 0-60 in about 4 seconds, all completely silent.

The world's first lithium-ion supercar is here. Zero emissions never looked so hot.

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 20 July 2006, 16:16.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Sweet, reminds me of a Lotus Elise. I want one.

Who's going to put a patent on IPv6 Network charging queue / data over ethernet. To flatten out the peaks an troughs on power station demand.

Comment

At $90,000, the two-seat car is out of reach of most consumers. Musk, however, said the company hopes to come out with a four-seat, four-door sub-$50,000 model in about three years. After that, an even cheaper car will emerge.

"Every successive model will be cheaper
      Why can't they make them cheap so everyone can afford one?

Sheesh!!!

Comment

Cost amortization, just like first-release CPU's.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Cost amortization over how long... 10 years?

You would think by now the initial prices would be cheaper since they want the mass market to buy into vehicles which produce less polution.

Heck I would buy the Tesla car if it were in the 20K range

Comment

If you consider the cost of other cars that can do 0-60 in 4 seconds, this is not too expensive. Problem is, you are limited to trips 120mi from home.

Comment

Originally posted by Fluff
              Sweet, reminds me of a Lotus Elise.
              That's because it pretty much is one. Just had it's gasoline guts torn out, and electric stuff put it.
              Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                If you consider the cost of other cars that can do 0-60 in 4 seconds, this is not too expensive. Problem is, you are limited to trips 120mi from home.

A 250 Mile range is pretty impressive to me. Hell I only get about 20 MPG with the Mustang and if I let it get down to 1/4 tank I'm looking at 250-260 miles per fill up (every 5 days or so) with my commute to work and going to the GF's place a couple times a week....
                Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Working...
                X