Why your homeowners insurance is $$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why your homeowners insurance is $$

The page you're trying to access could not be found or is no longer available.

"First, kill the lawyers...."

Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

after that, kill the jury who always seems to side on the regular person winning the lottery, I mean winning the lawsuit. At least she is not suing for millions, as many would have
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

True tort reform is impossible within our current system. True tort reform would consist not of limiting damages, but of limiting lawyer compensation. Congress is composed mainly of lawyers, and since when has Congress ever voted themselves a pay decrease? Tort reform is advocated by rich corporations that want to trammel the poor with impunity, and opposed by rich lawyers that want to be able to take their >40% commission for suing the rich corporation. It's power vs power, and neither side gives a damn about the law or that it exists to provide just compensation to an injured party.

One of the reasons tort reform is being advocated is that lawyers dream up class action raids upon corporations for their own benefit, not for the benefit of their supposed clients. When they got a huge settlement from big tobacco they got rich, but what did the families of dead smokers get? Absolutely nothing, unless they were in the in group of those named in the suit.

True solutions require leaders, and our system precludes them.

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
        True tort reform is impossible within our current system. True tort reform would consist not of limiting damages, but of limiting lawyer compensation.
        Many states have compensation limits. They just need to be extended.

When I sued my employer, a public institution, over the elevator accident (poor maintenence) that caused my problems my attorneys compensation was limited to 3% of the settlement. If it had been a non-public institution his fee could have been 33% or more.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
        X