Please post your working Win2k setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please post your working Win2k setup

I have a Marvel G400 and I use VT 2.00.12 and Display drivers 5.12.01 in Win2k. I can capture MJPEG intermitetntly for about 1 minute durations before vidcap stops (audio continues) or green flashes ensue.

I was wondering if anybody out there has a working setup with other (older or newer) driver/VT combinations that yields better performance than what I'm getting. Please post your driver/VT setups and performance under Win2k. If you did some funky install, please explain.

Also, Haig mentioned in the Matrox forum something about using an install.inf file from one driver install in another driver install. Is anybody familiar with this kind of tinkering and what is he talking about?

Windows 2000 + SP2 (not necessary)
    Directx 8.0a
    Drivers 5.20.016
    Vtools 2.02.017
    Marvel g400 Pal
    Asus A7V133 (1005a)
    Ram 512 (256 x2 MB)
    Athlon 1200
    Sound Blaster PCI 128

To work well in Adobe Premiere i use Morgan codec ver 2.05. For better results i export movie with Matrox codec.
    Also YUY2 + Huffy is ok.

Made a lot of long capture and editing without problems, so i will not update with next vtools not supporting Mjpg.
    I want use what i payed!

sergio

Asus A7M266-D
    AMD Dual Athlon XP1800+
    DDR PC2100 512(2 x 256) MB
    Ge Force 2 MX400 - 64 MB
    OHCI 1394 controller
    Panasonic NV-DS15 Pal (DV in enabled)
    HD IBM 60 GXP 7200 rpm 60 GB (system)
    HD WD Caviar 7200 rpm 60 GB

Adobe Premiere 6.01
    Windows XP Pro

Comment

Is VT 2.02.017 the VTs listed in the driver grid under Marvel G200 MMS? If not, where are the 2.02 VTs available to DL?

Comment

ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/mga/archive/win_2k/2001/

w2k_vt202e.exe is the english one.

I just switched back to 98se myself. Hate it already, what a crap OS.

Comment

Thanks guys. I downloaded and installed those 2.02 VTs.

I haven't seen any green flashes yet, but the video captures cease after less than 300 frames. The end of the capture seems to coincide with that information overlay "minimizing" about 3 seconds into a capture. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Windows 2000 Adv Server
          Directx 8.0
          Drivers 5.20.016
          Vtools 2.02.017
          Marvel G400 NTSC
          Supermicro P6SBS (intel 440BX)
          Ram 256 (2x128)
          Pentium 3 500
          Sound Blaster PCI 128
          Capture drive: Seagate Hawk SCSI3-UW 4.5gb

Comment

Anyone got the Marvel G200 or RRG working under Windows 2000? Please?
            Resistance is futile - Microborg will assimilate you.

Comment

You know, Dutch, I have a Mill G200 and a RRG here in my desk from back when I replaced them with my Marvel G400. I figured I'd use them in another box at some point... I'd test them out under Win2k but it seems like that would be a demonstration of futility.

Anybody tried out that G400flex3d driver? I DLed it at work (a 240mb file!) but have yet to unzip it to snag that driver.

Based on the responses so far, it appears that very few people have working setups, and those setups that work aren't very flexible (like Sergio's won't work for me).

I'm gonna try various display drivers on the 2.02 VTs and post results. I've got the Mill G400 5.52 drivers running on my Marvel G400 and my captures last longer (up to 2 minutes or so with very few dropped frames) but I get BSOD when I shut down the machine.

[edit] do you think that the DX 8.0a would have anything to do with my cap problems? I heard 8.0 was kinda shifty.

[This message has been edited by Ansigod (edited 11 June 2001).]

Comment

Hi!
                Am thinking of moving from 98se to win2k but wanted to ask about it here first.

Is there a stable setup under win2k for capturing YUY and/or RGB? I thought there was but looking over some of these posts am now unsure.

Please let me know
                Thanks!
                -Stefan

mmedia pc: 2x2.4/533 xeons@3.337ghz, asus pc-dl, 2g pc3500 ddram, 27g primary, 2x120 WD's, promise fastrack100, matrox g400-tv, hercules soundcard Server box: p4 1.4GHz, asus p4t, 1g ecc rdram, 27.3g primary, 3x80g maxtors, promise fastrack66, radeon ve, soundblaster Beat box: p3 500, asus p3bf6, 1024meg pc100, 45g primary, 3x45g maxtors, soundblaster, radeon ve, dazzle vcII

Comment

Well, the next driver release for Win2k is SUPPOSED to be stable for YUY2 and RGB caps, but they won't support MJPEG at all.

I got through about 4 different sets of drivers in my tests last night. INteresting results. I'll try about 2 or 3 more drivers tonight and re-test the others. I'll post the results today or tomorrow.

I'm doing 3 one-minute captures for each display driver, rebooting, and repeating the process. Then I uninstall the VTs and install a new driver. Rinse, repeat. Details to come.

Comment

Woah! Hammering! hehehe

Really looking forward to hear if you find something stable!

Yes...I've read that mjpeg is over under win2k.

It's the rgb and yuy that I'm looking for.
                    Thanks for all the testing!!!
                    -funsoul
                    mmedia pc: 2x2.4/533 xeons@3.337ghz, asus pc-dl, 2g pc3500 ddram, 27g primary, 2x120 WD's, promise fastrack100, matrox g400-tv, hercules soundcard Server box: p4 1.4GHz, asus p4t, 1g ecc rdram, 27.3g primary, 3x80g maxtors, promise fastrack66, radeon ve, soundblaster Beat box: p3 500, asus p3bf6, 1024meg pc100, 45g primary, 3x45g maxtors, soundblaster, radeon ve, dazzle vcII

Comment

You know, Ansigod, I bought my Marvel G200 because of the video editing qualities only. It can do everything a G400 can, though it's probably slower at 3-d. I certainly won't upgrade to a G400 just because Matrox can't get their drivers working - in fact I'm sure this is my last Matrox product ever.

My next capturing card will probably be something minimal that supports YUY2 only, like a WinTV, so I can rely on third-party compressors. Matrox make great hardware but the quality of their software sucks. I remember how the installation CD came bundled with a DVD playerprogram, but it doesn't work with the current drivers and doesn't support AMD processors! AvidCinema, also bundled, requires an outdated version of Quicktime etc. etc.

Resistance is futile - Microborg will assimilate you.

Comment

Any luck on this issue yet Ansigod?

Comment

Working...
                        X