Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD price cuts announced.

And they are HUGE!!

According to this, as of 24 July AMD will only sell two processor more than $300 in bulk: the FX-62 ($799) and the 65 W X2 5000+ ($324). The X2 3800+ and 4200+ will slide in under $200 as well (for non-low power versions).

Wow.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Too bad the Opterons are not effected

Comment

So what CPU offers the best 'bang for buck'. I'd like to get rid of my XP3200....
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
        So what CPU offers the best 'bang for buck'. I'd like to get rid of my XP3200....
        X2 4600+ or X2 5000+. They are within $60 USD of each other, and both under $300 USD. Don't know what they will sell for in the UK, but that's a good price for a dual core CPU. The X2 4200+ @ $175 is a fantastic price for a budget CPU.
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Ahhh, crap, now for the 80 or 90€ (minimum) needed for my upgrade to P4 3GHz I will be able, possibly, to buy mobo with cheapest Sempron (hoping its higher performance and better memory acces will resolve my one big problem) and wait for the price of cheapest Athlon X2 to fall further...luckily still 1,5 months to make that decision.

Comment

Say, this would happen because of this news here:

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

best bang for the buck will still be the low/mid core 2 duos
              Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
              Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Originally posted by Elie
                Too bad the Opterons are not effected

Damn
                When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

This 4x4 idea Amd is pushing around.

Is it just a consumer version of 2 x dual core opteron with dedicated memory controller per socket with DDR2 and NUMA?

Kinda a cut down Tyan Thunder K8WE.

Comment

Working...
                  X