Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh boy! A new AD&D move...

...for me to poop on!

I'm actually kind of torn on this one. They are using the Dragonlance novels, "Dragons of Autumn Twilight" to be exact, as the premise for the movie, and fortunately not the pen & paper game. They are also bypassing one of the mistakes from the first AD&D movie and making this one a contemporary animated movie done in a hybrid 2D/3D format based on the popular comics of the AD&D Dragonlance books. Kieffer Sutherland is heading up as the main character's voice, with Lucy Lawless (Xena), Michael Rosenbaum (Lex Luthor in the TV series Smallville), and Jason Marsden (professional voice actor) as the other main voices.

And while that might sound appealing to some, and maybe even a curse breaker, the script is written by someone who was a screenwriter for "Hercules: The Legendary Journeys and was a key staff writer on Xena: Warrior Princess." Grrr... Though the actual authors of the novel are supposedly heavily involved in the movie, so this might offset a possible bad script.

But the oddest thing about this is that primary animation is being done in ... India? Who knew there were big animation houses in India? Go figure. Pre-production design will be done in the US, with the grunt work being done overseas (gee, where have we seen this before?).

*shrug* who knows, it may end up being pretty good. I doubt it, but it might.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Well in my opinion the Dragonlance novels, particularly that series with "Dragons of Autumn Twilight" are some of the best D&D based ones. It'll be interesting to see if they do the book justice or screw it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock
      But the oddest thing about this is that primary animation is being done in ... India? Who knew there were big animation houses in India? Go figure. Pre-production design will be done in the US, with the grunt work being done overseas (gee, where have we seen this before?).
      You wouldn't want Americans to actually do the animating would you? The billionaire studio execs would have to actually pay them more than $20 a month then. What are you thinking? Commie!

Comment

Working...
      X