X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error in MediaStudio Pro 8?

According to the MediaStudio Pro 8 HELP file:

"The pointer will change to a hand when placed over the trim area."

"Use this hand to drag the two trim handles when trimming and moving the trim area as a whole."

"Right-click on the trim area to automatically reset both trim handles to their original positions at the beginning and end of the original clip."

I see no "hand" when I move my cursor over the trim area.

Nor can I right-click on the trim area to automatically reset both trim handles to their original positions.

What is your experience?

Am I missing something?

Jerry Jones
    I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

?

Jerry Jones
    Last edited by Jerry Jones; 15 July 2006, 04:48.

Comment

Actually, it is an error.

It's an error because the HELP file is making reference to the old "trim area" on the SOURCE WINDOW in the previous version of the software... version 7.

Sloppy to leave that reference in the HELP files when the "trim area" for the SOURCE WINDOW has clearly been eliminated in MediaStudio Pro 8.

Not good.

Jerry Jones

Comment

They obviously rushed this version 8 out the door without even keeping the context-sensitve HELP that was available in previous versions, which is a pretty crummy thing to do.

Jerry Jones

Comment

There is no context-sensitive help in MSP8, nor will you find any reference to it in the Help file. The mistake was to leave the question mark in the toolbar. Why is there no CSH? I speculate that it may be because a) they lacked the manpower resources to implement it (if you have ever tried to implement a CSH, you will know it is extremely laborious to write) and b) because they think the CSH is essentially for non-professional software, in the belief that pros can think for themselves the keywords to search the non-CSH file (in reality, probably more accurately, because there is less need for the "See also..." which is an essential part of CSH).

There are a number of errors in the Help file and the printed doc (e.g. p.186 "Preview Window and Source Window" J, K and L keys: pp 189/90 "Source Window" J and L keys say contradictory things. The latter is a residue from the v. 7 doc, while the former was introduced in v. 8. However, in v. 8.1, they have reverted to the latter and the former is now obsolete. It is a moot point which is the more useful.
          Last edited by Brian Ellis; 15 July 2006, 05:06.
          Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

The context sensitive help, in my view, was one of the most appealing strengths of MediaStudio Pro to attract new users.

It appealed to users of other professional NLEs because nothing is funnier than to watch an experienced Vegas or Premiere user stumble around in MediaStudio Pro for the first time.

They're helpless. Charlie White of Digital Media Net is a prime example.

Jerry Jones

Comment

You should have seen the private mail I sent him

Whats nuts is that he knows several experienced MSP8 users, but consulted none I'm aware of.
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
              X