• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is your brain on pause....

Crazy summer TV shows;
    Who Wants to Be a Superhero?
    Sci Fi, Thursdays, 9 p.m. ET/PT, premiering July 27

Now this is summer camp! Eleven wannabes, sporting inventive costumes, demonstrate human powers — courage, integrity, compassion — required of a superhero. Some need work in superhero etiquette: One changes into costume in a garbage can. The winner gets "immortalized" in a comic book developed by legend Stan Lee, host of the six-episode series.
    >
    Pants-Off Dance-Off
    Fuse, Tuesdays-Saturdays, 10 p.m. ET

The concept is as brief as the apparel: More or less regular people — from a twentysomething cancer researcher to a 58-year-old schoolteacher, to a 34-year-old professional mermaid (OK, that's irregular) — strip down to their skivvies while dancing to music videos by Shakira, 50 Cent and others. Viewers pick a nightly champ. This disrobe-a-thon has been called brilliant and dumb, sometimes by the same people. "We're very proud of that," Fuse GM Catherine Mullen says.
    >
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

What's your problem with the second show?
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

No real problem other than it's dumb

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I don't know the show, but the concept seems fine to me Why should stripping and dancing be dumb?
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Errm, well, considering the stuff I've seen on German TV quite a few years ago (RTL), yup, perfectly normal...
          "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

to Technoid: what the heck is that?
              The one guy looks like he's wearing Magneto's helmet

Comment

That is a picture from one of those shows Doc, linked to....
                Specificly the "become a ridiculus person in tights" one (Who Wants to Be a Superhero?)
                If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
                X