8ms
    16.7million colors
    DVI
    $400 CAD after taxes and shipping.

Only thing comparable is the 970P
    differences:
    6ms
    nicer stand
    brand new, whereas other one is about 2 years old.
    $600 CAD after taxes and shipping.

He really wants a high spec one, and jumping to a 20"+ higher spec one starts to get really $$. The price seems to be right on the 193P+, only thing I am skeptical of is it being around 2 years old.

Suggestions and comments much appreciated!

(priced out from ncix.com)
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Wholesale cost on the 970P is $480 CAD @ Tech Data. Find a better supplier.

I think the 193P+ is discontinued. I couldn't find it listed at Ingram, Synnex, or Tech Data.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

arg, well, further research on the 193P+ makes it seem as though the reviews aren't as good as they should be for those specs, people complain about dither and that it is really 16.2mill in disguise. Also I've noticed people complain about slight ghosting.

Going to read up more on the 970P, but it is really $$...
      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)

Comment

P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

wtf, ncix.com is like the newegg of Canada...

Never heard of those places you listed - all look like wholesalers - would he actually be able to purchase a single LCD from them?

Comment

ok well, you guys may want to hold off on suggestions for now, he might be waiting to buy at the same time as he gets a new DX10 vid card... 970P still looks tempting, that or a Dell WS, both might end up running him 6 hamburgers though.

Comment

I want a Samsung 244ex which is many hamburgers.

Comment

You should look into the Dell LCDs if price is an issue. When the big Dell Canada deals hit you can end up getting a nice LCD for not that much. Just make sure you get one of their UltraSharp line with DVI, as they do make D-sub (VGA) only LCDs.

Other price conscious brands you can look at that have gotten good reviews are BenQ, Hyundai and LG.

Jammrock
                “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Philips 190B7 series - LG panel, better pixel warranty (0), 350 USD or so

Comment

Working...
                  X