X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New apartment

Next month I'm moving next door

My neighboor is moving out and I taking over that apartment

I'm uppgrading from my current "just a bit to tiny" 112 square feet apartment to a 148 that really feels much larger

The apartment I'm moving into lies on the shaded side of the house , my curent is in the path of the sun and gets hot like hell

drawings of the apartments
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

148 square feet? That can't be right! My condo is 1350 square feet.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Yeah, you're a little off there. The drawing says 34m^2. You multipled by ~3, when you need to multiply by 9. 34 (1m ~= 3 ft)^2 means 34*9 ft^2.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

And since 1m is just a little greater than 3ft that extra bit adds up when you square it.

It's more like 34*10.7 ft^2.
        P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Congratulations .. not hireing movers for this move I am guessing
          We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Congrats on the new pad!
            Titanium is the new bling!
            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Congrats! BTW, this is one of those times where you just know you're on a geek forum...when the first 3 replies correct and contradict your mathematical calculations
              All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Why convert it in the first place...

(and BTW, what would the comments be if I'd tell you/show you how"big" is my "apartment"... )

Comment

Well, that teaches me not to try and do math when its almost 40c indors

Originally posted by tjalfe
                  Congratulations .. not hireing movers for this move I am guessing
                  Nahh, there are enough friends that has promised to help me move
                  If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid
                    Nahh, there are enough friends that has promised to help me move
                    Over here there's an un-written rule that says you have to pay your friends with pizza and beer if they helped you move.
                    Titanium is the new bling!
                    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Our middle sons friends moved us into the new place. 1/2 keg of beer & a s***load of firey Buffalo Wings did the trick
                      Dr. Mordrid
                      ----------------------------
                      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

So i return the signed contracts and asks "when do I get the key's to the new apartment and when do I have to leave the keys to my old?"

and the answer is "your old apartment has to be empty before 12:00 the first of august"

I repeat the question on when I get the keys to the new apartment
                        and gets the answer "You can get them here some time after 13:00 on the first of august"

urghhhhhh

now, the neighboor who moves out gets his new keys a whole week before he has to be out of the apartemnt he's leaving so he has promised that he'll be out the 28'th so I'll have a the weekend to move wich is good (officially I still wont have acces to the new apartment untill sometime after 13:00, 1'st of august )

Otherwise they seemed to think it was perfectly fine for me to have to move everything out on the pavement for some hours and hpe it didnt rain

Comment

My neighboor has changed his mind again (it's definitly giving me an ulcer)so now I have monday and half of tuesday....it's still 3 weeks he will change his mind again again and again......

I'm going to the landlord tommorow and I'm just going to tell him that I'm not Harry Houdini and it wont work if I have to be completely out off my current apartment before I get acces to my new

Comment

Gahhhhhh

I decided that before I would pack my comics up I'd better sort it (just to title)

pretty soon the horrible truth sets in...

I've to much comics

Comment

Hey Technoid,
                              Congrats on the new pad.

So how many comics you've collected over the years? What titles are you reading?
                              I stopped collecting just after getting married, it got too expensive
                              But I still kept them nice and sealed in plastic comic bags.

Comment

Working...
                              X