Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wtf @ Aim?

IM User,

We have detected that the AIM Screen Name kooldino associated with this email address has been used in a way that violates the terms and conditions of the AOL Instant Messenger service. Because of these violations, AOL has scrambled the password for this Screen Name. You may retrieve the new password by providing your screen name on the following web page:

The new password will be sent to the email address given when you registered for your AIM Screen Name.

You may then reset your password by choosing “Change Password” from the MyAIM menu in the AIM software.

It is possible that your computer has been compromised by a computer virus or worm. Before resetting your password, we strongly suggest that you scan your PC for viruses using an updated Virus Scanner.

Sincerely,

The AOL InstantMessenger Team*

*Please note this e-mail is not a commercial e-mail and is intended only to provide official notice about an AOL Instant Messenger account identified with this e-mail address.
    WTF?

Has anyone ever seen this before? I don't do anything abnormal on AIM...but I use a non AOL client, FWIW.

are they phishing for your password?
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Yeah, sounds rather phishy (excuse the pun) to me. I'm going to guess though that you first attempted to actually login using your old password before proceeding...
      “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
        are they phishing for your password?
        Nope, because I haven't been able to login for days, and I just now noticed that email. I followed the steps, and it works again. But what "rule" did i violate???

Comment

Working...
        X