Zit zapper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zit zapper?

Zeno is a hand-held battery-operated device designed with a tip that heats to a pre-set temperature. The biocompatible tip is designed for direct contact with a blemish on the skin. Once in contact with a blemish, the tip will transfer heat into the follicle. An internal PID controller chip continually modulates the temperature to a fixed range even under different skin and circulation conditions by adjusting the flow of energy to match precisely the heat absorption of the individual user. Zeno’s microprocessor adapts not only to your individual skin type but also to the heat absorption characteristics of the location of the pimple. Your Zeno adapts to you! An integral digital timer controls the treatment time. The level of heat does not cause skin damage.

Specifically, Zeno stimulates a heat-shock response
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

The marketing BS paragraph explaining the method of temperature control doesn't tell you (or most people) very much. The next para make you wonder if it really could work...

"Specifically, Zeno stimulates a heat-shock response in p. acnes, the bacteria causing at least 90% of all acne blemishes. Heat shock proteins, activated by bacterial cells under heat stress, cause the self-destruction of p. acnes within the lesion, reducing inflammation and allowing the skin to return to a healthy state."

Hmm, if I had known that 20 years ago I'd have gotten the soldering iron out more often
    I used to design PID systems to control NLO crystals...this could have been more profitable!
    FT.

Comment

yeah right more snake-oil. Only thing that takes care of Acne is the end of pubery

(speaking from experance and not to mention I was on Reten-A for about 6 months, it helped, but had alot of side effects, not to mention bi-weekly blood tests)
      Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Actually, heat is not a bad treatment as it can soften the sebum that blocks the gland, allowing the pressure of the accumulated pus to escape without squeezing the zit. I suggest the pressure when you apply the device may cause the pressure to increase. When I was ado, I had enormous spots from time to time, almost abcesses (some of them a good 10 mm across), and I applied hot water compresses, as hot as I could bear. This did appear to shorten their life cycle, at least on the face, but I couldn't do it for the ones on my back, which still bears the scars.
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

This is similar to other products originally manufactured by "IGIA"... and operates by the same principle which operates all IGIA products - magic pixie dust.

IGIA's magic products include:

- The IGIA Magic Zit Remover
          - The IGIA Magic Shockless Painless Hair Remover (just touch the hair with it, and the hair falls out!)
          - IGIA Magic Wrinkle Cream

etc.

It works as well as you'd expect a heat gun to work on your zits... which is to say that yes it helps open up the bottom of the pore, but otherwise... worthless.
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
          X