• Show
Clear All

• Yahoo Mail beta....

Just logged on and my, has it changed;

Hmmmmmmm

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Good to see they're finally putting the Oddpost purchase to good use. Saw some screenshots of this a few months back when they were ramping up, looks much better than the existing Yahoo Mail.

Wish Yahoo would streamline the rest of their services to be more consistent, and at the very least, quit prompting me for a password every five minutes when I switch between them.
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

They haven't let me sign in yet. "A few weeks" they told me.
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I've had it for 3 or 6 months now. There's some nice things about it, but it's slow. Still prefer Gmail.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesterzwild
          Wish Yahoo would streamline the rest of their services to be more consistent, and at the very least, quit prompting me for a password every five minutes when I switch between them.
          At least they aren't asking you for your password TWICE to get onto a single service. For a while now, every 2 or 3 times I go to Yahoo mail, it asks me for my password, and then the VERY NEXT SCREEN is "verify your password".

At any rate, I find it at least a bit ironic that all these webmail clients are starting to look more and more like... wait for it... Outlook.

*snicker*
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Oh but they are. I get constantly prompted for my password when accessing mail. What's really irritating about it is that I can have just entered it for the main part of the site.

As far as Outlook goes, Oddpost (which is where the new Yahoo Mail is coming from) was designed to look like a lot like it simply for the fact that Outlook was the client of choice at the time for many. It was also meant as an alternative to Outlook Web Access (OWA) for those who couldn't use it.

Of course, most mail clients look like Outlook these days, and shockingly, Outlook looked a lot like previous clients itself.
            “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

I just got the mail announcibg it today. A few things like the Move (mail) wizard arenn't ready and it needs some optimization, but otherwise it's quite nice for a web client.

Dr. Mordrid
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

But IMHO web client doesn't have to imitate local client. And as for the argument that people are used to it...I notice that usually people are using...typical web client for some time, not OE.

Comment

Had this for awhile as well, performance is not as good as Windows Live Mail...btw, freaky Firefox you've got there, Doc.
                  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Working...
                  X