Yet Another 3D Desktop Metaphor: BumpTop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet Another 3D Desktop Metaphor: BumpTop

Has some interesting ideas present, but interfaces of this nature aren't entirely feasible given our current display implementations. There's also the issues of differentiation between files on the desktop and how application windows come into play, both of which they appear to be answering sometime in the future with the currently non-existant FAQ.

Something following the design of the Nintendo DS would be ideal, with a lower screen that would lay flat on a surface (acting as the virtual desktop) and an angled one that would behave like a traditional display (showing application windows, etc.).
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

I could see this being useful as an enhancement to the Icon view in Windows Explorer, allowing me to manipulate various document collections within a project, but being rather unwieldly on a macro scale. It also looks a lot harder to learn and needs a stylus to use - maybe ok for the graphic artists out there.
    FT.

Comment

by next year this will be dead no one will remember it
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Would be better if the touch screen was multi input!

Comment

Working...
        X