Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent HIFI CD Player for sale

Noticed this on my daily rummaging through canuckaudiomart

I am selling one SHANLING CDT-80. It has been used for about 20 minutes. Its remote codes conflict with my integrated amplifier, so when I try to change the volume on my amp, the CD player changes tracks. So, I need to sell it or the amplifier. My loss is your gain. This is the 220V version of the...

Very nice CD player, at an excellent price too.

SHANLING CDT-80 for $650 CAD
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Yeah, but is it $100 hamburger good?

Seriously, what makes it so good?
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef

Wrong forum schmosef
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef

Well duh, it's got tubes man, TUBES!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
          Well duh, it's got tubes man, TUBES!!!
          I finally have a use for those cardboard tubes at the center of my toilet paper rolls!

I'll tape them to some CD players and sell them on eBay for $650.
          P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

isn't a tube CD player a contradiction of sorts?
            And at that price, I hope it's got those audiophile wooden knobs on it
            Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

hmm...

Features
              * Aluminium chassis and transport housing.
              * Sample rate converter built in for 24 bit / 96 kHz upsampling; switchable.
              * Advanced Burr-Brown 1738 D/A converter chip.
              * Analog circuitry uses 2x 6N3P dual triodes valves and Burr-Brown op-amps.
              * Premium Philips CDM-12.10 transport and CD7 II servo system.
              * Digital volume control with setting stored during power off.
              * Digital coaxial output.
              * Adjustable display brightness.

which output is most commonly used in hifi these days?
              We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

gt40
                There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Never heard of this brand. I don't use digital cables when the D/A converter in the CD player is of high quality. In fact, many higher end preamplifiers have no digital inputs, expecting this stage to be handled by the CD player or by a separate D/A box.

Comment

N00b here.
                    what is digital coaxial output? Something special?

Comment

It's a cable to transmit S/PDIF signals over copper wire, with Cinch/RCA plugs, 0.5V signalling voltage and a 75 Ohm characteristic impedance and, surprisingly, a coaxial cable layout. It's one of the two common digital cables, the other, more common one being TOSLINK (the optical digital audio cables you might know).

There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

First let me say, $650 for a HIFI quality player is cheap.

Shanling makes some amazing players, some of them easily 10 times that price.

There are two big differences I have noticed testing out different CD players. The first is how bright there are (bright sounding vs. warm sounding), the second is the soundstage. A third would just be the noise made by the transport.

edit: not gonna say $100 is cheap for a hamburger, but I'd still like to try it!!!
                        Last edited by Mehen; 23 June 2006, 15:53.
                        Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)

Comment

Originally posted by az
                          It's a cable to transmit S/PDIF signals over copper wire, with Cinch/RCA plugs, 0.5V signalling voltage and a 75 Ohm characteristic impedance and, surprisingly, a coaxial cable layout. It's one of the two common digital cables, the other, more common one being TOSLINK (the optical digital audio cables you might know).

Yep, i totally understand every single word and phrase you just mentioned ........

I know TOSLINK. So which one is better? I am thinking the optical one, because there is no resistance/noise/etc. ?
                          But then again, what do I know. I used to sticky tape extenion cables on the speaker wires for my Hifi system

Comment

According to my dad, a lot of people prefer the rca/coax over the optical, something to do with jitter.

Comment

The firmness of the connection was the reasoning I was familiar with.

Comment

Working...
                              X