New AOL Policy: No Cancellations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New AOL Policy: No Cancellations

Obviously the title isn't quite true, but after reading and then listening to this, it makes you wonder what drives a customer rep to be that incompetent...

Montgomery County District Attorney Risa Vetri Ferman says this is the first time the Plymouth Township police department has had an officer killed in the line of duty. Officer Brad Fox was killed Thursday while responding to a call for a hit-and-run Thursday afternoon. He served with Plymouth Township police for seven years. He also served two tours of duty…

An incredible video from CNBC shows an AOL customer trying to cancel his account, but a phone rep won't let him do it. What customer Vincent Ferrari got when he tried to cancel his account was a lot of frustration.

It took him 15 minutes waiting on the phone just to reach a real, live person.

And, what happened next was recorded by Ferrari on audio and lasted about four minutes...
    The video is on the right-hand side. It's just the standard transcript with the audio playing, but it makes the whole conversation that much more... erm... amusingly surreal, I guess you could say.
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Our card kept being billed for 3 months after cancelling an AOL account we used as a backup. They finally refunded it after some bitching, but unbeknownst to us they kept the service on for almost a year after. Finally they sent us a ~$400 bill

After confirming it still was working from a friends system I gave 'em hell on the phone. No joy so I then turned it over to the Michigan State Attorney Generals office.

The account was off within minutes of their call

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 21 June 2006, 20:16.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Had similar problems with AOL back in the day, though not to the same extent. Almost everyone I know who has had to cancel their account has had a story to tell, usually involving the same sort of continued billing.
      “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

My demon was Juno. Three years after cancelling that account, just out of curiosity, I went to the website and checked if the email was still active. It was and there were about 1000 messages. I immediately logged off and thought nothing more of it. Lo and behold, the next month there was a $9.95 charge from Juno on my checking statement. Went to the bank and told them it was a mistake and they did a chargeback and retrieved the cash. No more charges after that.

Kevin

Comment

I'm still getting email through the old Comcast account, and that's been gone a long time. They haven't stopped sending their newsletter to the digitalvideo.8m.net account either.

Dr. Mordrid
          Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 21 June 2006, 20:52.
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Now we know where all the escaped mental patients go to work
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
            X