Matrox or Microsoft released Vista driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox or Microsoft released Vista driver

FYI, yesterday afternoon I got Vista drivers for Parhelia via Windows Update. I had to uninstall the XP drivers to get the Vista drivers succesfully installed.
    Dont know, if Microsoft adapted the XP driver for Vista or Matrox released a new driver.

PowerdeskHF is working now and similar to the XP-version.

Driverpackage version is 1.7.1.60

Greets,
    Sirko.

Great news!

Thanks!

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Yeah I'm using the MS supplied Parhelia drivers and they're working fine. No Aero of course

Comment

Originally posted by SteveC
        Yeah I'm using the MS supplied Parhelia drivers and they're working fine. No Aero of course
        No Aero at all? You should have Aero Basic?

Sirko

Comment

Originally posted by sirkoj
          No Aero at all? You should have Aero Basic?

Sirko
          What's Aero basic? I get no transparency effects or anything like I do on my laptop with an nVidia Quadro in it....

Comment

AFAIK is the new Vista GUI style called Aero. With a PS 2.0 graphics card you get effects like transparency. Thats Aero Glass.
            Without PS 2.0 the style looks similar, but without special effects. Thats Aero Basic.

Sirko

Comment

Oh OK - well yeah I get that which isn't anything more than a new XP theme really. Wonder why it needs PS2.0 to get simple transparency and fading effects?

Comment

I suspect because they didn't want it interfering with perfomance. By using the video card's capabilities, the main CPU stays available for *real* tasks.
                But it would have been nice if they included a simpler mode that doesn't rely on the video card, yet has some transparency (there now are programs that run transparent windows).

Jörg
                pixar
                Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
                X