Opera 9 Final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opera 9 Final

Download the Opera browser for computer, phone, and tablet. Opera for Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, iOS. Free VPN, Ad blocker, built-in messengers.

Lots and lots of render adds and fixes

Changelog:

Highlights:

-BitTorrent support
    -Better content blocking
    -Widgets
    -Tab Hotkeys are now identical to FireFox (even though Opera had them first)
    -Native RSS/Atom feeds
    -Better scripting support, plugin support, etc.

Jammrock
    Last edited by Jammrock; 20 June 2006, 07:28.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

looks good, they've fixed a few issues with some particular sites
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Inported IE bookmarks automatically and completely - much better than Firefox. Firefox didn't import any of my Chinese bookmarks - without warning.
      The font size is similar like IE - larger than Firefox and looks better.

Comment

They've also done lots of nice little changes to the mail module - all good so far.

I also like the fact that it upgraded my 8.xx install without fuss.

Uberlad
        -------------------------
        8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
        5 out of 10 referred to me by name.

Comment

Seems pretty good for me.

Comment

Just upgraded, I've been using the weekly beta's since a long time .
            Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
            Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
            Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Works well here. Hope it doesn't get f'ed like 8.5. That was my browser of choice until it inexplicably stopped working and using up all my cpu cycles.
              [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
              Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
              Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
              Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
              Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Denty, didn't you know that's a FEATURE of Opera? It will run great and then suddenly it'll repeatedly lock up while using your whole CPU. They'll blame the bug on flash, claim they can't replicate it... and then miraculously "fix" it for the next version... which will eventually do the same thing.

Sadly, Firefox... pretty much works the same way. I'm back to IE, sadly.
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                If only life were as easy as you
                I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                If only life were as easy as you
                I would still get screwed

Comment

Well, I ran it for almost a week, and now I'm back on Firefox. Firefox is a better browser overall. Find as you type, better text box controls, etc, all add up. There are a few features I like about Opera, though. the FF and Rewind buttons are kind of cool.

Comment

Fnd as you type in Opera: hit . or , (latter for links only), F3 to go to the next found item. What do you mean by text box controls?
                    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
                    X