Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFI: TV-out and Win2K

Hello,

I'm noticing a lot of interest in TV out of finished videos under Win2K. There are many different possiblities with different results. Granted, the same dual-head features of Win98/ME are not available in Win2K. For purposes of general info-gathering, could you post the hardware you use for sending video to a TV, VCR/VTR, etc.?

For AVI (PIC MJPEG) TV-Out, I still use the G400 (device driver only). It works well enough.

For MPEG TV-Out, I use a Creative Dxr3. This card provides excellent MPEG playback under Win2K.

What do you use? Are there any ATI or NVidia users out there?

From past experience with an ATI Radeon VE, there were just too many issues under Win2K. Also, the TVOut was not very good. Is this still the case or does the new MMC change all of this?

Unfortunately, the GeForce2 that I own does not have a TV-Out. I've heard good and bad things about it. What is your experience?

Thank you

I have no problem at all getting video out in Win2K. I just use DVDMax and out it goes using about any codec I want.

I would imagine those with other AGP cards could install a G450 PCI and get similar capability.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 11 June 2001).]

Comment

Working...
    X