Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "shazam!" (2007)

AKA: Captain Marvel
    Young Billy Batson finds himself gifted with the power of the wizard Shazam to fight against the forces of evil. With the wisdom of Solomon, the strength of Hercules, the stamina of Atlas, the power of Zeus, the courage of Achilles and speed of Mercury, he is the holder of the power of S.H.A.Z.A.M; he is Captain Marvel.
    Variety:

Peter Segal is set to direct "Shazam!" for New Line, which is finally in the throes of conjuring up a film version of the venerable DC ComicsDC Comics franchise.

Michael Ewing and Segal will produce.

Pic revolves around 15-year-old Billy Batson, who transforms into the mighty mortal Captain Marvel at the mention of the name of Shazam, an ancient Egyptian wizard. Batson suddenly possesses the wisdom of Solomon, strength of Hercules, stamina of Atlas, power of Zeus, courage of Achilles and speed of Mercury.

Script was written by William GoldmanWilliam Goldman, a longtime fan of the comicbook. Bryan GoluboffBryan Goluboff, Joel CohenJoel Cohen and Alec SokolowAlec Sokolow did rewrites and another rewrite is expected.

"I've been a fan of Captain Marvel since I was a kid. This has elements of 'Big' and 'Superman,' and will be a completely different kind of superhero," said Segal, who will direct another pic before embarking on "Shazam!"

Chris Godsick and Michael Uslan will exec produce.
    Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 18 June 2006, 17:55.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Tacky??

~~DukeP~~

Comment

I think they're starting dig a little too deep into the library.
      “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Captain Marvel was a direct competitor of Superman and for a while surpassed him;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Marvel_(DC_Comics)

I do agree this one is a reach.

Anyone remember the TV show?

Dr. Mordrid
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 18 June 2006, 22:50.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I remember seeing a Captain Marvel movie when I was a kid. I think it was in black and white.

I enjoyed it.

If they lay off the campyness, I think it could be great.
          P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Working...
          X