X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "30 Days of Night"

Hartnett in flight with Sony 'Night'

By GABRIEL SNYDER

Josh Hartnett is in negotiations to star in Sony's horror adaptation "30 Days of Night."

Produced by Sam Raimi and Robert Tapert under their Ghost House banner, project is based on a 2002 graphic novel of the same name created by Steve Niles, Ben Templesmith and Ted Adams.

Story is set in Barrow, Alaska, where 30 days of continual winter darkness makes the town the perfect feeding ground for vampires.

Hartnett will play one half of a husband-wife sheriff team who have to choose between saving themselves or risking their lives to save the town's other 4,500 residents.

Hartnett will next appear in "The Black Dahlia," which Universal will release in September. He's most recently appeared in "Lucky Number Slevin" and "Sin City."

David Slade, who helmed and produced "Hard Candy" for Lionsgate, will direct from a script by Stuart Beattie, whose writing credits include "Collateral" and "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl," and Brian Nelson, who penned "Hard Candy."

Exec producing is Mike Richardson of Dark Horse EntertainmentDark Horse Entertainment, whose credits include "The Mask" and "Hellboy."
    Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 18 June 2006, 20:59.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

He may have that 'pretty boy' look and some film credits to further that, but I've found it hard to dislike him even in movies I found less than worth the rent. He's a new Harrison Ford of sorts in that guys can like him in the 'chick flicks' he stars in and women have no problem watching an action movie to see him.

Haven't heard of this one before, but it sounds interesting in the way that the glut of vampire movies tends to these days
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Working...
    X