"Torso" (2007)....Eliot Ness *after* Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Torso" (2007)....Eliot Ness *after* Chicago

David Fincher, who is currently directing "Zodiac" for Paramount and Warner Bros., will reteam with ParPar to helmhelm "Torso." Bill MechanicBill Mechanic, Don MurphyDon Murphy, Todd McFarlane and Terry Fitzgerald are producing.

Based on the graphic novel of the same name penned by Brian Michael Bendis with illustrations by Marc Andreyko, the project will be adapted by scribe Ehren KrugerEhren Kruger.

Story will center on real-life federal agent Eliot Ness -- made famous by "The Untouchables" -- after he closes the Al Capone case in Chicago and moves to Cleveland. There he makes a promise to help clean up the town until the city is scarred by a series of gruesome killings known as the "torso" murders.
    Cool

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Too bad Kevin Costner is a bit too old now to make a reprisal
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Interesting...

Why do they idolize Elliot Ness? He didn't break the Capone case, a small army of Accountants did. Hoover didn't want him... The City of Cleveland fired him after a drunken hit and run. He died a drunk in the 1950's.
      Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Try reading this and you'll find his life was a bit more than that, though he was not a choirboy by any means;

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Well, someone took the time to make him look good; he did do some good things, but he tended to grandstand a lot - more than most politicians do today. In many ways, he reminds me of our last president.
          Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Working...
          X