Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identify playing songs

Hello,

There are services available to identify a songs that is playing on the radio or so. Usually, you call them via mobile, put the mobile close to the radio, and it identifies the songs.

Is it possible to do the same with a PC (divert the audio to a line in, have the PC display the artist/track)? I know it will be technically, but which software should be used, and where can one get the database?
    I'm thinking musicbrainz could do it, but I'm not sure...

Any thoughs?

Thanks!

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Yes, I tried something like that with Musicbrainz...a bit tough though, songs on radio are usually cut/etc.

You might try asking on some "music lovers" site/service...perhaps in General discussion of last.fm forums? Or in chatrooms of Soulseek?

Comment

Many radio stations also display the ten last played songs, and there once was a service for the USA where you had a device, pushed a button if you liked a song on the radio, connected the device to the PC, and your PC would give you the title played. The service worked thusly: The device took a timestamp when you pushed the button. This timestamp was transmitted over the internet to a server with back playlists of radio stations, which told you what was playing at what time on your station. Maybe an independant back playlist service related to this still exists.
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Nowhere: So it needs the beginning of the song...? How did you set it up?

az: The radio is just one example, but when one isn't connected to the internet, online services cannot be used.

Jörg
        pixar

Comment

I wouldn't say just "beginning"...the more complete the better. In my case I've listened to one radio "on air", via radio waves, while simultanously streaming Internet broadcast, which had 30s delay - this made things easier.

Comment

Ha, ok...

I just found this: http://www.wildbits.com/tunatic/
            (but it requires internet access)

Jörg
            pixar

Comment

Working...
            X