"The Jetsons" live action (2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Jetsons" live action (2009)

Warner Bros. Pictures have signed producer Donald De Line and screenwriter Adam F. Goldberg to develop "The Jetsons" live-action feature film. De Line will work alongside producer Denise Di Novi.

The premise will be based on the animated Hanna-Barbera TV series, focusing on 'George Jetson', wife 'Jane', son 'Elroy', robot maid 'Rosie', dog 'Astro' and fan fave, daughter 'Judy'.
    George = Tim Allen?

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Tim would be a good George, but somehow I think Will Farell might be the more popular choice in Hollywood at the moment.

Should be interesting to see how they update this one for the screen... not sure that's a good thing or not yet.
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

What about Vince Vaughn?

Comment

!!@&$%**(^&!!!

My dream cast:

George Jetson: Jim Carry
        Mr. Spacely: Danny Devito
        Cogswell: Bill Murray
        Montegue Jetson: Jim Carry

The rest are just background.

Kevin

Comment

I thought about Jim Carrey, but his own personality would overshadow the George Jetson we all know..

Comment

Can't quite see Vince as George, but Carrey has the ability to play the role save for not really having the look. Though, he is handy at looking different than expected at times. As KvH said, he potentially could take the character way beyond what it was ever meant to be.

Devito would be perfect as Spacely, and here I was having trouble thinking of who could play the part.

I'm sure Judy will be played by some 'hip' young actress who really shouldn't even be acting. I can think of a few actresses who could handle the role, but again I can't quite see as the role.

Do wonder... what's next, a live action Smurfs or hey, maybe even The Flintstones... oh, wait...

Comment

Well....there is that "Underdog" project that should be shooting right now;

Actor Peter Dinklage, currently filming the CBS-TV pilot "Ultra" at Toronto Film Studios has now signed on to play evil scientist 'Simon Barsinister' for Spyglass Entertainment/Walt Disney Pictures upcoming live-action "Underdog" feature, based on the 1960's cartoon series of the same name.

Shooting begins April 10 in Rhode Island under the direction of Frederik Du Chau.

Spyglass' Roger Birnbaum, Gary Barber and Jonathan Glickman are producing "Underdog" along with Jay Polstein. Eric Ellenbogen and Bob Higgins executive produce.
              My Name Is Earl's Jason Lee has been signed to voice Underdog.

Also coming are live action (well...mostly ) Transformer and Voltron movies.

You just had to ask, didn't you?

Dr. Mordrid
              Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 16 June 2006, 22:08.
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Hehe. Now see, there goes another childhood memory down the drain...

I do like Jason Lee, but still, I find it hard visualizing a cartoon-esque Underdog running about in the real world. At least done effectively.

Honestly, this whole trend has gone a bit overboard. I know we all love the idea of seeing our favorite cartoon or comic or written characters coming (back) to life, but it's painfully obvious the results are seldom what we expect or want. But hey, Hollywood makes a pretty penny...

Comment

Posting on another one soon....

Dr. Mordrid
                  Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Well, there was only one Wally Cox, who was Underdog's voice.. that same personality will never be there, so what's the point? Some computer animated crapoid thing? Bleh. Those cartoons were classic.

Comment

Ugh, Flinstones flashback...

Comment

Working...
                      X