Pal / film monitor sync.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pal / film monitor sync.

Can the refresh rate of the monitor sync from a video input source such as a dvd or a camcorder?

Or are computer monitors refresh rate always defined by software. Can they be set to auto sync to the multiple of frame rate / timing of the input signal. Rather than the output of the graphics card.

I would say, in general, no. None of the graphics cards I have permit this, nor do I think it is necessary. Generally speaking, if a refresh rate is set for 75 Hz, it will display a new frame on every third refresh; note frame, not field. It will always display a frame, never a field. Are you trying to video a monitor? If so, I suggest an LCD rather than CRT to avoid the strobing effect of the blanking creeping up or down the screen. I have adjusted a CRT so that the blanking was invisible for a few seconds, never better.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

It's just I have a DVB-T card and even when I set refresh rate (LCD monitor) to 50Hz. The motion is not completely fluid. It seems to skip or judder slightly. Every 10 or so seconds. When displaying 25fps PAL.

Comment

I suggest you try the max refresh rate your screen will allow. Possibly what you are seeing is that the field order is inverting. Try deinterlacing the video.
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
        X