Dr M.: urgent...Digisuite configuration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr M.: urgent...Digisuite configuration

I don't know if this forum deals with Digisuite too, but I have a few questions whose answers I cannot find anywhere.

Starting from the beginning:
    I got hired in a TV studio which has decided to start working on a digisuite DTV platform and I am the responsible for the making of the new computer.
    Since the budget is somewhat unlimited I would like to ask you guys if you have any tips about everything:

... for Dr M: I am a RT2000 owner and since I spent weeks for configurating my system before finding the right tips here, I thought it could have been pretty thoughtful to begin my researches @ this forum

I mean:
    which mobo..
    which processor (is it already safe to buy a INTEL P4 processor or should I deal with a dual P3?)
    which SCSI controller
    which SCSI hard drives (2 or more)
    which video card
    considering that they want to use IMC Incite mostly, which is the best OS to use?

I know it's a bunch of questions but I feel confused and here in Italy there's almost nobody I know that can help me.
    Thanks for your collaboration

Christian

Man I wish I had a job like that
    Anyway..I'd rather you go to the Matrox site and check out their system recommendations here..
    http://www.matrox.com/videoweb/suppo...m/digi_rec.htm

That way your 100% sure.

Also another reommendation is to go with a Turnkey solution, that way your garanteed support from both Matrox and the dealer you puchased the system from.
    Again for a list of resellers check out..
    http://www.matrox.com/videoweb/sales/rt_resellers.htm
    Even though it says RT2500, the same dealers will most likely sell the DigiSuite DTV as well.

The DTV is an amazing product, offers DV 50 and Mpeg-2 50 with realtime keying etc, you're going to like it

Regards,
    Elie

[This message has been edited by Elie (edited 10 June 2001).]

Comment

Thanks for your prompt reply Elie, but...
      I already knew that page of the matrox site.
      What I wanted to know was wether you guys know about any rock solid configuration that can also be very very performing.

So, any digisuite experiences are very welcome!
      Thanks Elie again, though.
      Christian

Comment

Working...
      X