Driver 5.34 won't install on W2K with G400-TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driver 5.34 won't install on W2K with G400-TV

I wanted to install the latest Video Tools for my G400-TV on W2K, so I downloaded the latest VT release (2.02) and recommended driver (5.34) from the MURC's video tools page (http://www.murc.ws/VidTools.html).

However, when I try to install the driver, I get to a screen that lists supported and unsupported devices. There are no devices listed in the "supported" box and my G400-TV is listed in the "unsupported" box. The "next" button is disabled, so I have no choice but to cancel the installation at this point.

The MURC VidTools page says that these should work with the Marvel 400. Has anyone else gotten these to work? If so, what's the trick?

(By the way, I did uninstall my previous drivers/vidtools using the Matrox uninstall utility. Also, I've updated my BIOS to the latest version: 2.07.)

You need to edit the install.inf

See the text below which I saved to my server when originally posted. Credit due to whoever (Michka) wrote this...

If it is still of any help, here is how to modify the install.inf file of rel. 5.34.013 under W2K, so that the drivers are installed for a Marvel G400:
    - In the [Mfg.Matrox] section, add the following line:
    %Str20%%ENG%=IN11.ENG,PCI\VEN_102B&DEV_0525&SUBSYS _3693102B
    - Then, in the [Strings] section, add:
    Str20 = "Matrox Marvel G400 AGP"
    I added the first line after the last of the G400 - English entries and the second line just after the other Strxx entries. But that's just to follow the original organization of the install.inf file, anywhere in the above mentionned sections works equally well.
    That's all there is, just run setup and it will detect the Marvel G400.
    Michka

Comment

Thanks! That fixed it.

Comment

Working...
      X