I'm getting rid of my Treo 650

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm getting rid of my Treo 650

I bought the Motorola Q. After playing with it in the stores, it took hold of me It should be in here in the next day or two. I hardly used all of the features of the Treo. I just want a good phone(The Q is among the best in this dept), WEb browsing with EVDO, which the Q does and Opera mini! Email, contacts and calendar. As long as the Q can do these things, I am happy. Anybody getting it or got it? Opinions?
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Isn't this phone about the same size of the Treo? What's the advantage (apart from getting a new toy, of course)?
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I suspect the Treo doesn't support EVDO.
      And it is a different OS. And the Q is much thinner.

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by VJ

Jörg
        [blatant work plug]
        Helevitia's did, as it was a Sprint Treo
        [/plug]

I just hope you didn't change carriers
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Isn't the Q only on Verizon right now? I hope they release a GSM version soon. That thing kicks ass. I may just wait for an ipaq 6900 though...
          Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

I don't think sprint 650s had evdo. but the 700p and 700w do support evdo.

Comment

Originally posted by az
              Isn't this phone about the same size of the Treo? What's the advantage (apart from getting a new toy, of course)?
              The Q is much much thinner. RAZR like design, but it is not a clamshell. The advantadges for me come down to ease of use. The Treo is overkill for what I need, plus I'm not to fond of the Palm OS. The biggest reason is that my phone is dying. I left it out in the rain and it has caused all kinds of problems. The treo is much more functional than the Q.
              Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by VJ

Jörg
                Yes and Yes and Yes

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock
                  [blatant work plug]
                  Helevitia's did, as it was a Sprint Treo
                  [/plug]

I just hope you didn't change carriers
                  Sorry man, I was the last person in my family that isn't on Verizon.

Comment

Originally posted by agallag
                    Isn't the Q only on Verizon right now? I hope they release a GSM version soon. That thing kicks ass. I may just wait for an ipaq 6900 though...
                    Yes, Verizon only in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Kooldino
                      I don't think sprint 650s had evdo. but the 700p and 700w do support evdo.
                      Correct a mundo

Comment

BTW, have I posted about my new-ish phone yet? My Samsung D500 got stolen, so I bought myself a Nokia 7280:

(It's actually a shitty phone, but I mostly use it to stay available anyway, and I don't like SMS. And it looks very very good. And it has a mirror, which has helped a friend de-makeup after a long night while waiting on the bus Did I mention it looks cool?)

Comment

Interesting looking phone. How the hell do you dial a number? I looked at more pics around the web and I still can't figure it out

Comment

You turn the dial, then click the middle. I mostly use voice dialling, however. Makes me feel very James Bond

Comment

I bought a nokai N80. Fantastic little piece of kit. One of the best screens I have ever seen.
                              I am typing this in work via their WiFi connection.
                              Who left an access point open
                              The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Working...
                              X