Ringtone meant for kids only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ringtone meant for kids only

Just ran across this story. Personally, I can hear it and it is insanely annoying. Just curious if you can hear it. Post your age too. I'm 34.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Man that sound is AWFUL!!!
    Talk about an easy way to get a headache.
    29 here btw.

Comment

I'm 30. I can hear it. And feel it. Unpleasant!
      P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Heard of this before and the theory behind it. Personally I can hear it even with the volume turned down. Loop it around a few times and I think I'd end up with a migraine.

27 here.
        “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

29, felt like my brain was being squished. maybe i shouldn't have tried it with headphones on.
          /meow
          Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
          Asus Striker ][
          8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
          Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

Ouch, that is really bad. 33 Here. My wife 23 could barely here it, had to play it a couple of times.

To me that is like nails on a chalkboard.
            "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Pretty annoying.. yep I can hear it and I'm 43. Probably haven't been clubbing enough to lose my hearing yet.

Comment

Reminds me a little bit of the hum of a TV or the sound some monitor/video card combinations at certain refresh rates make after a couple of years but only stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by High_Jumbllama
                  Reminds me a little bit of the hum of a TV or the sound some monitor/video card combinations at certain refresh rates make after a couple of years but only stronger.
                  ... or the high pitched shriek old cameras with old fashioned flashes make.
                  /meow
                  Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
                  Asus Striker ][

Comment

I can also here it and feel it too (I'm 38), my body got the shivers when listening to that god aweful pitch!

I don't even recommend it for kids!

Comment

This was a funny/interesting comment:

It's STILL a joke on the kids!
                      Reader post by: charlweed
                      Posted on: June 12, 2006, 5:04 PM PDT
                      Story: A ring tone meant to fall on deaf ears

I'm totally a geezer, by this articals standard
                      ( I bougt a Commodoe 64 brand new ) and of cource I can hear it.

But hey folks, the sound is annoying as hell! Thousands of kids are going to be torturing themselves in the attempt to pull a fast one on the "mature" set.

The punch like is the they are using Pavlovion conditioning on themselves to hate their phones! A good percentage og them will permanently dislike getting calls!

Hah hah hah hah ha!!!
                      He needs to learn how to spell, but he has a point.. good riddance to cell phones and those who habitually yak their brains off on them.

Comment

31, can hear it, as mentioned above, it sounds like the HT former
                        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by lowlifecat
                          ... or the high pitched shriek old cameras with old fashioned flashes make.
                          Old Fashioned??? You mean 20 years ago? No no no.. old fashioned is the camera that you had to stick a bare bulb into to make its one-time flash and then die. Or maybe even the kind where they had to put flash powder in a tray..

My Nikon (1 1/2 yrs old) has a flash bar that makes the noise still.

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                            Old Fashioned??? You mean 20 years ago? No no no.. old fashioned is the camera that you had to stick a bare bulb into to make its one-time flash and then die. Or maybe even the kind where they had to put flash powder in a tray..

My Nikon (1 1/2 yrs old) has a flash bar that makes the noise still.
                            i said old fashioned, not ancient and pre-historic.
                            /meow
                            Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
                            Asus Striker ][

Comment

30 here. Can easily hear it, same sound an old TV set does when turned on. I can hear it from a fair distance when a TV is on with the sound muted.
                              "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Working...
                              X