Wenting steam about matrox!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wenting steam about matrox!

While I dont think it's completly wrong to went your steam about matrox bad behauviur, it would do more good on matrox official forum.

And if it's closed to the public, then we have a perfect forum for rage explosions;

The SoapBox!
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Hi Technoid

Rantings in the area of VideoCapture surely belong right here. And this forum IS read by Matrox employees, some of them just for the hell of it, others as part of their job. So although it may not be quite as good (depending on your view) as posting directly to a Matrox forum, at least you are secure in the knowledge that your post isn't going to get removed if you get a little too political.

Comment

Well, I kinda got iritated with the large amount of Newbies that "sudenly" pops upp and makes their first post or reply a rant.

And I have lerned that I am mostly ignored like I'm some kind of village idiot as I;

A. Like The infamous SBLive

B. Dont think that VIA is the worst Chipset maker in the world (That place is firmly in hold bt ALI)
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Uhhhh.....the differences between the VIA, Apollo and Aladdin (ALi) chipsets are next to nothing.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I beg to differ Dr. Mordrid. While I have been able to get VIA to work across a number of machines with reasonable performance, ALi has just been for the most part bad news. Granted I don't do much VC.
          [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
          Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
          Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
          Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
          Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

I resemble that remark.

For over 2 years I have used my Matrox Rainbow Runner-G series and an ASUS P5A mb. This is based on the ALI Aladdin V chipset and I have had fantastic sucess in Windows 98.

Because of the decision to halt all furhter MJPEG development across the board, I have decided to move onto other products besides Matrox.

Oh, and I may be ranting - but I'm not a newby. Even my current handle from Sept 1999 is newer since around that time Ants forums were corrupted and a number of us had to create new handles. )

Don't worry though, I doubt that I'll be back.

------------------
            Profound Runner
            ---- aka Willie -------
            Profound Runner
            ---- aka Willie -------

Comment

I too had a G200 Marvel runing Win98 on a Ali based P5A Worked well, but matrox send me a defective board out of the box that would think it was both a Marvel and RR-G and refuse to work. Matrox techsupport kept blaming the "non-intel" chip set. When I moved the Marvel to a P200MMX intel HX system and had the same problems they finally gave me an RMA. The replacemet had a broken TV outptut. Third time was a charm.

But now a good board is a doorstop (the BOB really rules here!) for lack of W2K drivers.

--wally

Comment

Working...
              X