No announcement yet.

New Bob Seger album coming Sept. 12....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Bob Seger album coming Sept. 12....

The long-awaited -- and that's no hype, it's been 11 years -- new Bob Seger album "Face the Promise" will finally hit stores on Sept. 12.

The first single, "Wait for Me," will go to radio in early July.

Seger has been working on the album for years with longtime co-producer David Cole, splitting his time between Nashville and Detroit for the recording.

A duet with Kid Rock, who is also in longtime Seger manager Punch Andrews' stable, is included on the album.

With more than 50 million albums sold careerwide, Seger long ago stopped worrying about whether or not he was just a regional phenomenon, a working class hero only to Michiganians.

It was the relentless touring he did for years in the '70s that put the Ann Arbor native over as a national phenomenon with the 1976 album "Live Bullet," recorded at Cobo Hall.

But those years on the road took a toll. Since his marriage and the birth of his children in the '90s Seger, who just turned 61 last month, decided he didn't want to leave his young family to go out on a grueling tour.

He's joked to reporters that he's too old to tour, but in the meantime, musicians Seger's age and older -- Sir Paul McCartney (age 64 in a week) and the Rolling Stones (aged 59-65) for starters -- launch a long tour every few years..

So will he tour to support "Face the Promise"?

"Practices are scheduled," manager Andrews said.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps
Working...
X