Quite extraordinary is one way of putting it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quite extraordinary is one way of putting it

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Another reason why common sense and Law sucks in this country.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

And after this kid hurts someone who on that panel will accept their share of responsibility?

NOT ONE!!

GRRRRRRR.....

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Well if they kept him suspended he could always go to European court of Criminal rights and get re-instated there.

If he did stab someone and kill them he'd probably get one year sentance and be out in six months or less.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I see another wee problem. It is mandatory for kids under sixteen to attend school or receive equivalent tuition. In this particular case, the kid had a knife and "had been found guilty of violent conduct". We don't know how violent, what he had done or even whether the knife was part of the violent conduct. For all we know, he may just have bloodied a peer's nose in a playground fight, which happens in any school. The knife may have been found independently - don't schools in hot areas have metal detectors? And what constitutes a knife? For all we know, it may have been a small penknife.

Until we know the FACTS of the case, we cannot form any opinion, it being useless to jump to conclusions.

Note that I don't condone violence of any form, but to make this a cause celèbre is, according to what has been reported, ridiculous. The question is how to deal with weapons-toting kids aged up to 16. Perhaps a good birching may make them see that being on the receiving end of violence is not very pleasant. It seemed to work when I was a kid and it still works in places like Singapore.
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
        X