X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NERO 5.5.2.3 posted

Changes from 5.5.1.8 to 5.5.2.3:

Bugfix:

After a successful burn, the main Nero window was not maximised if it was previously set to be maximised.

The calculation of the time needed to erase a CD-RW has been improved.

Corrections made to creating Video and SuperVideo CDs:

Pauses between differing tracks was being ignored when menus were used

Some players couldn't properly forward/reverse between tracks

Menus were being encoded in PAL, even if NTSC was chosen

Problems starting Nero with the anti-virus package DrWeb have been fixed.

New:

The burning of image files has been optimised.

The time needed to generate relocation information has been significantly reduced.

The archive attribute is cleared when burning Multi-session CDs. This can only be turned off in the expert menu.

Improvements to the import and creation of freedb databases

The statusbar now supports 900MB (100 minutes)

USB2 now fully supported

Small GUI improvements

Release date: May 31st, 2001

Dr. Mordrid

what I would like to see, is an option not to install at least 3/4 of the bloatware that is in Nero 5.5 . No I don't need a wave or cover editor, mpeg 1/2 encoder and that sort of stuff in my Burning program. Yes, the (S)VCD menu stuff is cool, but c'mon! At least give us a choice what to install and what not to!~

Until then I'll be using the latest Nero 5.0 release

Comment

What is Nero 5.5 -- 20-30 MB tops. Complaining about this on a video editing forum seems lame to me, I mean you're talking 3-10 seconds worth of video here in terms of disk space, if this is a problem you're in trouble before you start.

I say don't complicate the installer with
      options until you've all the bugs worked out.

--wally

Comment

there's a difference between filling up your drive with wanted material versus unwanted material... not to mention that most people like to keep their installed programs to the bare minimum needed, as the more programs you install, the more windows gets crippled (don't we all reinstall windows after trying out too many programs that all cripple windows gradually?).

And there will always remain bugs in software.. why not spend time on usefull features (or rather being able to cut into unusefull ones). The reason I posted my reply was because it was being 'advertised' on this forum. I just wanted to balance the opinion given on this program for those that are interested.

Comment

One thing I have noticed since this upgrade that in my Win95 boot partition where my EZCD 3.5 is located it will no longer format CDRW under direct CD.
          paulw

Comment

Does Nero solve the problem "cd's not
            accessible when burning done"

Any comments guys

Harry

Comment

It's been mentioned before that Nero and DirectCD don't play well together. What I want to know is if Nero's packet writing utility can read (not necessarily write) disks created with DirectCD?

Kevin

Comment

I know the answer to this one. I moved to Nero because of the instability of EZCD Creator and DirectCD on W2K, SVCD was a nice bonus.

InCD 2.11 mounts DirectCD3.x CD-RW read-only and the data transfers fine.

InCD has problems too, so I uninstalled it. There is a new version 2.13 out now which I haven't tried. Probably won't, I've about given up on packet writing because write interchangablity just isn't there.

--wally.

Comment

What is the "cd's not accessible when burning done" problem?

Guess I've not seen it, but then I don't know what you are refering to.

My two main complaints about Nero are:

(1) When you upgrade it loses the info about your burner, system and CDROM drives so you have to go thru the slow "simulation" step again for each burning mode the first time you use it.

(2) You still need to be logged in as Administrator to burn under windows 2000.

--wally.

Comment

I'll stick with EzCD5.01 until I find a real reason to change. What I like about nero is the ability to overburn. What I uually overburn are AudioCDs and I currently boot into BeOS and use CD Manager to burn those.
                    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Despite its faults, Since switching to Nero 5 I've not made a coaster or had a crash or lockup since uninstalling EZCD and DirectCD -- on two W2K machines. YMMV

--wally.

Comment

Working...
                      X