Dell Axim PocketPC cheap!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dell Axim PocketPC cheap!!!

There is a deal on the top-of-the-line Dell handheld. It is currently discounted to ~300USD but there is also a coupon on their page for a $201 discount!!!

I have tried entering the code, but the site doesn't accept it

If you can get it to work, it will reduce the cost to £99!!! That's cheap.

My sister is currently in Texas so I am considering buying one, if i can get the discount.

Anyone care to take a look?
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

I presume you mean the X51v? I've played with one of those and I want one too. The HP HW6915 seems like vapourware and I can't wait much longer with my crappy phone.

edit: can't type.

Trying now. My mate did get his for ~£200.
    Last edited by Fat Tone; 5 June 2006, 09:43.
    FT.

Comment

Looks like you got the wrong end of the stick (unless you have a better link?)

Here's the deal: http://www.dell.com/content/products...=19&l=en&s=dhs which makes the x51v $479 (£256) and it can be had locally for that price on ebay. Shame.
      FT.

Comment

Dell provides technology solutions, services & support. Buy Laptops, Touch Screen PCs, Desktops, Servers, Storage, Monitors, Gaming & Accessories

That page lists it as $374 and advertises the $201 off coupon on the same page!
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

if you select it and gp tp the checkout it lists the discounts, but it is a different offer. There is no small print saying that they can't be used togeather...

The 6915 is scheduled for 29th June. Delay in a firmware update from M$ apparently. Probably a bad sign about the device...

Comment

I'm having trouble with the site, but I think I see why it doesn't work. If you click on the details for the $201 off, it says
            Purchase a select DellTM AximTM "Hot Deal," a specially configured handheld solution, and take up to $201 off instantly! Orders must be placed through Dell Home Electronics & Accessories to qualify. Offer valid for Axim Hot Deals with e-value or order codes containing the following sequences only: X51520_D3, X51V624_D3 and X51416_D3.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Note that these are scheduled for shipment 6/26/2006 - not far ahead of the HP.

Also, the special offer talks about saving "up to $201". The 25% off promo applies to accessories as well, so maybe if you load it up with every conceivable accessory, you can get the discount up to $201.

Who knows?

- Steve

Comment

I like my X51v

I got an Oncourse BT-339 GPS receiver and haven't gotten lost in California yet. I also haven't had any problems with WM5 yet either....Knock on Wood

I just got an A-Data 4G SD card from Newegg so now I have 5G of memory.

Anyone know of a good Scientific/Statistics calculator program for PDAs???
                "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Originally posted by spadnos
                  Note that these are scheduled for shipment 6/26/2006 - not far ahead of the HP.
                  Trouble is that HP date changes on a monthly basis
                  FT.

Comment

Originally posted by ALBPM
                    Calc98 - http://www.calculator.org/
                    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Thanks agallag that looks great!!!!
                      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

my problem is I carry a cell phone and a mp3 player around with me most places. I REALLY don't need a third device.
                        Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

I guess the idea is that you'd only need the one device

Comment

Originally posted by ALBPM
                            I like this one:

Interface takes a little getting used to (esp. on a mobile: it uses the 4-way direction key for everything, but in a clever way), but it is very workable. And it uses RPN!

Jörg
                            Last edited by VJ; 7 June 2006, 01:51.
                            pixar
                            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Here's the link to the Axim Forums for anything you want to know..... Auto Sync fix etc...

Axim Forums

Comment

Working...
                              X