• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6-6-06 party in Hell....

that's in Hell, Michigan;

When you tell someone to "go to Hell" here, they really can

爱爱小说网网提供大量经典小说,让您重温旧梦,回味经典。

Dr. Mordris
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 4 June 2006, 16:23.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Next time you say "It'll be a cold day in Hell when I..." I bet you'll think twice.

Comment

"Hell" is 18 miles northwest of Ann Arbor, MI in the midst of the Pinckney, Waterloo and Island Lake State Recreation Areas (great hunting/fishing/camping/hiking)....and it freezes over on a regular basis.

The town is named for the Hell River, which runs through town. The people there also have a great sense of humor, decorating the town with painted flames, devil horns/tails & naming their businesses in context.

Dr. Mordrid
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 4 June 2006, 19:11.
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Funny, I thought "Hell" was Detroit, MI.
        Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
        Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Nope....that honor belongs to cities more dangerous than Detroit.

If murder count is your criteria then it's Chicago, LA, New York, St. Louis, Washington DC, Boston and Baltimore. The highest rate/100k is Washington DC.

Detroits main problem is economic and due mainly to a state tax structure imposed in the 60's that imposes not only a high state sales tax but state & city of Detroit income taxes and a statewide "single business tax" on companies....the only such tax in the nation. We also have a broken workers compensation system with employer taxes much higher than competing states.

Since these were imposed by a Dem legislature and a RINO (Republican in name only) Governor you could almost hear the jobs leaving Detroit and Michigan in general as surround states and those in the south don't have most of these taxes.

The current Governor, Jennifer Granholm (a transplanted Canadian), is a Dem who is resisting efforts at tax reform to fix this mess. She basically never saw a tax she didn't like

Looks to be a losing strategy as her polls are dropping like a rock. People are fed up with these taxes and what they have done to our economy. A Republican businessman & member of the state school board will likely unseat her in Nov., and with the current business friendly legislature (both parties) we might actually break the economic logjam.

Next stop; weakening the bloody teachers unions

Dr. Mordrid
          Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 5 June 2006, 09:05.
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
          X