Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Studio DV software be made to work with Pyro card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Studio DV software be made to work with Pyro card?

This may sound like an odd request, but does anyone know of a hack to allow the Studio DV editing software to work with a Pyro DV card. When I try to run the Studio DV program (version 1.02 Rev. B), I get the message- The Studio DV 1394 board was not found. Please check hardware installation. Obviously there is some kind of a hardware check going on. Is there a way to disable this?

Please don't inform me that I'm crazy for wanting to do this, I have my reasons.

I've resurrected this old thread of mine (that apparently stumped everyone! ) because there is now new editing software just released by Pinnacle. It's called Studio 7 and it can be used with any OHCI compliant 1394 card. Studio 7 is similar to the editing software that came with Studio DV but it's more versatile.

www.pinnaclesys.com/docloader.asp?templ=9&doclink=/GetStudio/S7press.html

www.pinnaclesys.com/GetStudio/S7ProdInfo.html

Comment

Hi Patrick.

Thanks for the pointer, I think a lot of peeps will be happy to see this news.

Going back to your original problem (which I'd forgotten about), a friend of mine recently bought a StudioDV and had all sorts of problems with it recognising his DVcam (which we now believe is a problem with the camera itself). However, he already had some DV footage stored on a CD which he wanted to edit during the week away from home. He loaded up the StudioDV software onto his laptop, and was pretty upset when it wouldn't load because the hardware wasn't present. He contacted Pinnacle's UK support desk and was told that this is normal - the software will not work without the hardware being installed and recognised.

Comment

Working...
      X