London: terrorist chem & bomb factory raided

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London: terrorist chem & bomb factory raided

British police shot a man in east London early on Friday during an anti-terrorism raid on a house they suspected could have been used for making bombs or chemical weapons.

LONDON, England (CNN)

British anti-terrorism police shot a man in east London early on Friday during a raid on a house they suspected could have been used for making bombs or chemical weapons.

More than 200 officers, some wearing biochemical protection suits, descended on the house in east London at 4 a.m. in one of the biggest raids since last July's suicide bombings on the capital's transport system.

"Because of the very specific nature of the intelligence, we planned an operation that was designed to mitigate any threat to the public either from firearms or from hazardous substances," said Peter Clarke, head of the UK's anti-terrorism branch.

Police said a 23-year-old man who was at the house was shot by firearms officers. The man was later arrested in hospital on suspicion of "the commission, preparation and instigation of acts of terrorism", Clarke said.

A second man, 20, was also arrested at the scene under the Terrorism Act.
    TV reports state that they were preparing a chemical weapon for use in a terrorist attack.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Maybe not... .

"The raid that raised more questions than answers"

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Police fear bomb has been moved
      By John Steele, Crime Correspondent
      (Filed: 05/06/2006)

Anti-terrorist police hunting for a suspected chemical-based bomb after a raid on a house in east London fear that the device may have been moved and could still be used.
      We'll see....
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid

Police fear bomb has been moved
        I hope that there wasn't a dirty bomb build at all.
        Not to point at the failure of any government anty-terrorist police but to avoid escalation of conflicts and more casualties.

It all went far enough!

Andy.
        Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Working...
        X