Deinterlacing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deinterlacing

I never tried it, but that certainly is a technique that can be easily used.

>Anyone know how to do deinterlacing within >MSP6 Pro?

Right click on video in the timeline, select field options and check deinterlace?

Comment

Deinterlacing

Hello,

I was hoping to start a topic on deinterlacing techniques. As I understand, VCD deinterlacing is not necessary (240 fields) and SVCD supports interlaced video. With tape, it seems that deinterlacing through VirtualDub (this is what I use for it) provides better results.

What are your techniques for deinterlacing? Do you deinterlace for everything, nothing at all, or somewhere in the middle?

Anyone know how to do deinterlacing within MSP6 Pro?

Thank you

Comment

why isn't it possible to use the deinterlace technique used by software DVD players like Cinemaster for other purposes like captured video? As far as I know, the quality of the de-interlace filters in those software-DVD packages is quite good (especially the Cinemaster one).

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Rob100:

>Anyone know how to do deinterlacing within >MSP6 Pro?

Right click on video in the timeline, select field options and check deinterlace?
          </font>
          Tried that out yesterday. It works really well! Thank you for pointing that out.

Comment

I read somewhere that many DVD's have the original 24 fps video, & the decoder then does it's stuff to display on whatever. *If* that's true, maybe there is no DI in cinemaster.

As for personal experience, it varies quite a bit depending on the source; sometimes the result looks worse, no matter the VDub plugin, other times it looks much nicer using IVT (inverse telecine), or you can try doing both.

The only caution I add there is that VDub seems to have a habit of cutting off the end of a video file when it does the IVT, so I normally add a bit & cut afterwards.

In my opinion VDub does better then most other editors with DI, though if you're going to the Real or Winmedia encoders, sometimes their builtin filters work better.

One interesting thing I've played with is using the winmedia encoder, deinterlacing a 1/2 size avi to 320 X 240 at 60 fps. Another nice method is to use the 2:1 vertical reduction filter by Chris LaRosa in VDub, especially if you're getting horiz artifacts with the other filters. It'll do a nice DI with to me smoother results, but it doesn't always work.

mike

Comment

Working...
            X