Bsod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bsod

My new Machine will BSOD and reboot on occasion, and it's all because of this:

Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: Tcpip
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 4226
    Date: 5/30/2006
    Time: 1:06:46 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: NEBULA
    Description:
    TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
    Data:
    0000: 00 00 00 00 01 00 54 00 ......T.
    0008: 00 00 00 00 82 10 00 80 ....‚..€
    0010: 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
    0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
    0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

...it will run fine until I do a certain amount of networking. Then it all goes to hell in a handbasket.

Are you running an Nvidia chipset?
    Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

googling for info

...i found this when i googled for the event id 4226...first hit

cc

Comment

Nope, ATi. Asus a8r-MVP

Comment

...there is a patch(..pg3 of that article i pointed to)

cc

Comment

There is a difference between an Event and a BSOD.

What is the BSOD error?

It's not hard to find; it is logged in the C:\Windows\LogFiles\Watchdog directory. Look for the most recent *.wdl file. Open the file in Notepad to read it.
            Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Yup. Your half-open TCP/IP connections are not crashing your system. Something else is. Do what MMM suggested.
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              If only life were as easy as you
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              I would still get screwed

Comment

Or filter your System Event Log for "Save Dump." That will get you the stop code. If you can post the STOP (STOP 0x0000000[xx]) code and TEXT_STRING (i.e. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED) errors, there are several of us who can find fixes and the like for you.
                “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by MultimediaMan
                  There is a difference between an Event and a BSOD.

What is the BSOD error?

It's not hard to find; it is logged in the C:\Windows\LogFiles\Watchdog directory. Look for the most recent *.wdl file. Open the file in Notepad to read it.
                  I don't have a c:\windows\logfiles

and I also don't have a "logfiles" folder anywhere on my C drive.

@Chucky - downloading patch now.

Comment

%windir%\minidump may have some some useful BSoD info. The minidump is where the memory dump goes when the computer blue screens. Also please check the Save Dump entries in the System log (via Event Viewer).
                    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

If you run your pagefile.sys on a different drive letter than Windows is installed in, then you will not be able to obtain a dump.

That "patch" will not fix your BSOD... I'm fairly certain that is not what is causing it.

Comment

If you run your pagefile.sys on a different drive letter than Windows is installed in, then you will not be able to obtain a dump.

That "patch" will not fix your BSOD... I'm fairly certain that is not what is causing it.
                        I'm more than "fairly" certain.
                        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                        I would still get screwed

Comment

I was trying to make nice....

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock
                            %windir%\minidump may have some some useful BSoD info.
                            Ok, what do I use to view the DMP files?

Also please check the Save Dump entries in the System log (via Event Viewer).
                            Under Event Viewer -> System, I don't see anything remotely similar to "Save Dump".

Comment

I just found it odd that every time I got that BSOD, I would get that error first. And I was much more likely to get that BSOD when I was running file sharing. Figrued it was worth a shot.

My swap file is on the same drive as my OS (C.

Comment

Working...
                              X