Brain Waves Make Robot Move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brain Waves Make Robot Move

Get in-depth coverage of current and future trends in technology, and how they are shaping business, entertainment, communications, science, politics, and culture at Wired.com.

interesting but not yet worth a *twitch!* factor.

it'll be cool to see what honda goes with this tech.
    /meow
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
    Asus Striker ][
    8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
    Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Try DARPA's "BrainGate";

An implantable, brain-computer interface the size of an aspirin has been clinically tested on humans by American company Cyberkinetics. The 'BrainGate'

First comes a bionic arm;

DARPA = Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, part of the US Dept. of Defence

DARPA is also working on a BMI implantable for the purpose of "extending" human vision. This has a civilian subprogram with the intent of producing artificial retinas etc.

Another is an exoskeleton as part of the Future Warrior program. Two versions: straight mechanical using a wearable frame (near term);

Think the wearable frame sounds cumbersome? Nope; its designed so the soldiers movement is vastly enhanced, but not limited or with flexibility issues. They'll be able to run, jump etc. as before, just a lot faster/further.

Another using nanotech muscles/sensors/comms that are embedded into a thin bodysuit. The latter also monitors the soldiers condition, even applying an instant tournequette in case of a limb wound.

Lots of strange stuff going on at DARPA these days....and these are just what they're talking about.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 29 May 2006, 09:11.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
    X