Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where were these when we were kids?

Kiddie shopping carts w/video screens etc.;

Meijers is a Michigan-based midwest superstore that puts WalMart to shame.

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 28 May 2006, 19:02.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

I remeber the coin operated kiddie booths that had Deputy Dog to watch but these were near the candy machines.

Comment

Hrm. It's a nice idea. At Albertson's here (and I assume elsewhere) we have what appears to be a standard shopping cart attached to something similar to the cab section on the ones in the story. They're wonderful at keeping the kids entertained in a reasonably contained area. So I can see where placing a TV into the carts would further that.

However, I can't help but see it as a another way to sidestep teaching your kids self-control when in public places. I'm saying this having a nine-year old daughter with, as many of you know, Down Syndrome who loves nothing more than to explore on her own (a shining example of her demand for being independent). Mind you, she's the size of a 5/6 year-old. So I can appreciate the desire to help reign the kids in, especially when doing something like (grocery) shopping.

I guess for the young ones who are going to be in the cart anyways, it's not such a bad idea.
      “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Won't really affect us.

Our 8 year old has taken it to be his duty to "help daddy shop" given my bad leg. I usually drive a handicapper cart (something like an Amigo with a basket on the front) choosing items while Erik retrieves them (gets mad when I grab anything ) and pushes a big cart.
        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Ah, when we shop at Albertson's, they also have kid-size shopping carts that our older two grap and help shop. That's always seemed a better way to go about entertaining them, given it also seems to teach them some proper etiquette for public spaces.
          “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Part of Eriks education is price comparisons. I have him carry a calculator so he can figure out unit prices. These are posted anyhow by State law, but the practice is good for him
            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Looks like those eggs (or whatever) are dangerously close to tumbling off the front and onto that kid's head.

Comment

The next time I'm in the US with my daughter, we'll make a point of trying it out. Mind you, she's 45 this year!
                Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
                X