Picasa for Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picasa for Linux

Not particularly exciting news, but Google has released Picasa for Linux. It apparently is the very same as the Windows version save for the integration of a customized version of Wine.

From the About page:
    Our Linux release includes the same functionality as Picasa for Windows with the exception of just a few items...

So, how does it work? Picasa for Linux runs the current Windows version of Picasa using a carefully tested version of Wine...

To allow Picasa to run well on Linux, Google made a few improvements to Wine. Some of the changes were Picasa-specific and simply added a bit of polish. (They probably won’t be of use to other applications, and may not be needed in future versions of Picasa, either.) None of the changes were proprietary to Google, and all have been contributed to the Wine project. The source for all the changes is available...
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Hmmm...to be honest I'm not exactly sure why I'm still sticking with Windows now...

Comment

Games and Adobe are the most probable reasons.
      "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

The problem is...not here definatelly.

I think I'm just lazy...

Comment

I dual-booted for a while just because of Half-Life, but then after several months went by and I realized I never actually booted into Windows, I switched and never looked back. I now get annoyed working on non-Linux computers because I'm missing stuff I'm now acquainted with.
          Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
          Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Working...
          X