Canon drops dev. of film SLR's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canon drops dev. of film SLR's

First Nikon dropped several fim models to concentrate on digital, then Konica Minolta got out of the camera business altogether. Film is so toast for most applications;

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 25 May 2006, 09:15.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Actually Canon is considering it, not officially dropping it yet.

That aside, 35mm film has been dying for a long time. Medium and large format are gonna be around for a while longer since medium format digital is still extremely expensive.

Comment

Can't say that the smell of hypo will be missed much
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

FWIW, Nikon has stopped development, but is still keeping some analog cameras in their product lineup.

Jörg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

AFAi remember - two, the cheapest and the top model. Might consider the first one, my Zenit died...

Comment

I hope they will still produce the film cameras for a long time.

Comment

I'm sure they will - my Dad is involved with print and design and he would be the first to tell you that digital cameras don't even come close to cutting it for print. They are just too low res, and I don't see them getting anywhere close for at least a quarter century, if at all.
              Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
              Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Working...
              X