Blue Filenames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Filenames

For some reason some of the filenames on my PC have started turning blue, see pic, anyone know what could be causing this, or ever seen it before?

It would seem they are files that have been compressed because they aren't used often.
    Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Blue does mean compressed, but i can't see any in the pic...
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

They are there... mostly unused dll's a cab file and that migrate.exe
        Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

That's odd. When i stare at the file name i am aware that it looks different, but I couldn't say that it was blue. it certainly isn't obviously a differernt colour.

i wonder if it is this LCD monitor at work. I hope it's not my eyes!
          I'll have to have a look on my monitor tomorrow
          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

It's the compression on the jpeg, here is a png, if the blue is still dark you need new eyes.

Cheers Claymonkey, wasn't aware that XP did this.

Comment

Could you set the mode to "detailed"?
              The colours should de more obvious then.

The compression is quite good, the performance hit isn't big, and all applications can access the files.

Jörg
              pixar
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Tip: Compress your edonkey temp directory. Works wonders on available disk space, and gives me no problems at all
                There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

must have been the monitor. I'm on a different LCD now and it's obvious in all pics.

How odd.

At least my eyes are ok

Comment

Wow the png is way different.

When I first looked at the original image I saw migrate and one of the dlls as blue. After looking at it the third time all of a sudden the other ones popped out.
                    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
                    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
                      must have been the monitor. I'm on a different LCD now and it's obvious in all pics.
                      It could be that Windows compresses them automatically. By viewing the folder, it could consider them as accessed and decompressed them.
                      Just a thought.

Jörg
                      pixar
                      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Blue=compressed
                        Green=encrypted
                        Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Do you do run the cleanup utility that's in System tools with XP? Cause if you do then you might have checked an option that compress old and/or unused files and that's probably what's turning more and more of them blue.
                          Titanium is the new bling!
                          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
                            It could be that Windows compresses them automatically. By viewing the folder, it could consider them as accessed and decompressed them.
                            Just a thought.

Jörg
                            I doubt windows would be intelligent enough to extrapolate and change the colour of file names from jpegs

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
                              Do you do run the cleanup utility that's in System tools with XP? Cause if you do then you might have checked an option that compress old and/or unused files and that's probably what's turning more and more of them blue.
                              Running OneCare at the moment so yeah, it's parts of the tuneup wizard.

Comment

Working...
                              X